How It Works
Marriage Encounter has enhanced millions of marriages by teaching married couples a simple yet highly effective communication technique that allows them to privately explore important areas of their personal relationship in a spirit of love and understanding. By continuing to use this technique, husbands and wives can grow even closer and live more joyful and purposeful lives.
If the word “Encounter” sounds scary to you, you’re not alone. But don’t let it turn you off. During your Marriage Encounter experience, you and your spouse will “encounter” an entirely new way to communicate with each other that you may have never “encountered” before.
Your Marriage Encounter experience can enrich your relationship by:
- Making you more aware of your own goodness
- Making you more aware of your spouse’s goodness
- Making you more aware of your relationship’s goodness
- Helping you focus daily on the good in each other
- Helping you focus on the good in your relationship
- Improving how you communicate with each other
- Teaching you communication skills that are positive, joyful, and uplifting
If you’re looking for a marriage “boot camp” or a seminar where couples attend separate presentations, or where couples are required to confess wrongdoings of any kind in their marriage, Marriage Encounter is not for you. During a Marriage Encounter experience, you will work together at all times to learn new communication skills and work together privately to practice these techniques for the enrichment of your relationship.
A marriage can never be TOO good! Marriage Encounter is the original, faith-based marriage enrichment experience designed to deepen and enrich the joys you share together, whether you’ve been married for only a short time or for many years.
A Marriage Encounter experience will help you. . .
- Renew your commitment to each other.
- Restore and improve your communication skills.
- Rekindle your romance.
- Rediscover intimacy and joy.
- Realize that you are not alone, and that other couples experience similar feelings, needs, challenges, and hopes.
- All of the above!
Check out what noted family authority Gary Chapman has to say about Marriage Encounter in this video.