S = Select
There are many ways to select questions for Family Dialogue. Try some of those listed here to discover what is right for your family.
- Select a question based on your family’s regular activities (school, sports teams, music, drama, dance, vacations, camping, church and church school, etc).
- Select a question based on your family’s experiences (holidays, traditions, extended family, etc).
- Select a question from the family’s moods (happy, hurried, content, edgy, resentful, noisy, sullen, quiet, hectic, quarrelsome, etc).
- Select a question that may have arisen from a previous Family Dialogue time.
- Select a question from your children’s Sunday School lessons or Scripture. Each family member may want a turn at choosing the scripture passage to use as well as the question.
- You may vary when you select the question from time to time. Rather than choosing right before your weekly Family Dialogue time, you may want to select it a week before so each family member can think about the question all week before writing. If the question is chosen in this way, it can be posted on the refrigerator or bulletin board.
- You are unique as a family, with unique needs and challenges and joys and talents, so your questions will also be totally unique to your family, and will help your family to grow together in love and understanding.